Keep the Republic

A blog dedicated to expressing faith in God, hope in America, and a conviction to preserve the principles on which the nation was founded. Benjamin Franklin, after the conclusion of the Constitutional Convention, was asked by a concerned citizen of Philadelphia what type of government had been created after four months of closed-door meetings by the delegates; he responded, "A republic, if you can keep it."

Name:
Location: London, Kentucky, United States

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Rigging the vote three weeks early

I hesitated to link to this story when I first heard it, but now that the accuracy of the manual has been confirmed by the DNC, I have to say that it is a disgrace. As someone who cherishes the right to vote, even if I am only one paerson in a country of hundreds of millions, I am personally offended that any national party would encourage people to make up stories of voter intimidation for purely political purposes. Both sides play rough, I understand that, but every real instance of voter intimidation and voter fraud is cheapened by petty tricks like this, in essence becoming the party who cried "Fraud!" one too many times.

Here is a must-read rant on this subject from Vodkapundit (I don't know anything more about him than he reveals in this essay, but it is highly entertaining and emotionally charged).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home